Dr. Qian's Teaching Philosophy for Pre-College Students
1. We will build up your musical confidence with solid fundamental skills such as scales, articulation and tone color control.
2. I strive for straightforward communication and a caring teaching style.
3. No sugar-coating! I am not your best friend, but I might be one of the best teachers you have ever met.
4. Communicating with your parents is a must.
5. Work smart and practice in an efficient way.
6. Students must have good grades in all classes.
7. Your parents are always right; love them instead of . . . .
8. Be competitive with yourself, not with others, because we are all unique individuals.
9. The goal of lessons is to help you to reach your full potential.
I will train you as a musician. The clarinet is just a musical tool.